Here is a brief update on the status of the N. Kingston St. Reconstruction Project and what to expect in the next few weeks.
- Installation of curb, gutter, sidewalks, and concrete aprons is finished. Residents should be able to access their driveways.
- A-1 Excavating will be on-site to fine grade the road, meaning that the aggregate base will be brought up to the correct height in order to create the slope of the road in preparation for paving.
- Bituminous driveway paving is tentatively scheduled to begin late next week, weather pending.
- The street paving is tentatively scheduled for the week of October 22. The street paving has been delayed by the wet weather.
- Once the paving is done, topsoil will be placed in the boulevards and areas that were disturbed by the construction. Completion of the restoration work (i.e., sod, seed and blanket, and erosion control blanket) is going to depend on the weather.
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, staff from the City, WSB & Associates, and A-1 Excavating will be having a meeting on Wednesday, October 17 at 1:00 p.m. at City Hall.
If you have a question or concern about the project, please feel free to contact Dylan Koch from WSB & Associates, who is the City’s project inspector and is on-site Monday through Friday. His cell number is 507-216-1596.