Here is a brief update on the status of the N. Kingston St. Reconstruction Project and what to expect in the next week.
- Road and curb removals were completed on August 2, 2018 between McKinley Street and the end of the project area (near the entrance of the Four Seasons Community Center).
- Houses between Caledonia St. and McKinley St. were converted from temporary water service to regular water service on August 2, 2018. Temporary water service has been set up from McKinley Street to the end of the project area.
- Gate valves were installed on August 2, 2018 at the Taft St. and Hackney Dr. intersections. This involved shutting the water off on Taft St. from N. Kingston St. to Marshall St. and on Hackney Dr. from N. Kingston St. to Pine St. during the hours of approximately 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Residents were notified of this water shutoff on August 1, 2018.
- A-1 Excavating is grading N. Kingston St. from Main St. to Grant St. and should be finished by the end of August 3, 2018, which means there will be rock up to Grant St.
- Starting August 3, 2018, A-1 Excavating will be installing water and sanitary sewer lines from McKinley St. towards the Four Seasons Community Center. This should be done by the end of August 10, 2018, weather permitting. The contractor will then proceed with installing storm sewer lines, which will take a few additional days. While installing the water, sewer, and storm sewer lines, there will still be access to the Four Seasons Community Center, but barricades will be erected just south of the Four Seasons Community Center, meaning that residents living between McKinley St. and the Four Seasons Community Center will need to access their homes from the south and will not have access from the north from the intersection of Highway 44/76 and N. Kingston St.
- Per the request of the U.S. Postal Service, the City will be setting up temporary mailboxes at 2-3 central locations along N. Kingston St. so that the postal workers do not have to travel throughout the project area.
- Grading will proceed from Grant St. to High St. the week of August 6-10, 2018.
- Due to muddy conditions on N. Kingston St., the contractor will be installing temporary pedestrian walkways across N. Kingston St. at the intersections of Hackney, Taft, and High Streets.
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, staff from the City, WSB & Associates, and A-1 Excavating will be available on Wednesday, August 8 at 1:30 p.m. at City Hall.
If you have a question or concern about the project, please feel free to contact Dylan Koch from WSB & Associates, who is the City’s project inspector and is on-site Monday through Friday. His cell number is 507-216-1596.